I’m Kelly, and I’m happy to say I’ll be your UPB Film Director. No, I won’t be directing movies (although, if I did, they would be awesome and someone should pay me to do it!), but I’ll be helping make sure movie events on campus run smoothly. If you’ve never heard of me before, you’re probably wondering what kind of girl I am (and if you aren’t, well, you know how to skim). Here’s me:
- I’m a senior SMAD major with a minor in Political Communication. I’ve been working this summer as both an intern in the Public Relations department at a local community college as well as in a restaurant as a waitress.
- I love movies. I consistently spout off movie quotes, expecting people to know them already. I once answered a question in 12th grade English by quoting Tyler Durden from Fight Club.
- I love TV. I’m eagerly awaiting the return of Mad Men to my TV this Sunday!
- Tina Fey is my hero.
- I love books.
- I have a voracious appetite for storytelling, in any form. And by any, I mean any.
- I own video games, comics, novels, nonfiction, historical biography, CDs, DVDs of all varieties: drama, comedy, sci-fi, romance, oscar winning, indie, animated, etc. I do have one rule though: I want quality. If it’s not good, why bother?
- My current obsessions this summer are Battlestar Galactica and Stieg Larsson’s Milenium trilogy, both are excellent! (I’m also rereading Harry Potter for the 8-billionth time this summer, to prep for Deathly Hallows, Pt 1).
- My friends are awesome, and have become some of the most important people running around my life.
I hope this has been informative… if not, I hope it’s been amusing. Because that’s what life is all about.